Lawn care and lawn maintenance are the same thing, right? While many people might use the terms interchangeably, there are slight differences between these two services. It’s essential that, as a homeowner, you understand the difference between caring for and maintaining your lawn.
What is Lawn Care?
The term lawn care focuses on the health aspects of your soil and lawn. A healthy lawn means the lawn itself will look very nice, so it’s related to maintenance, but appearance isn’t the primary focus. Instead, lawn care deals with the quality of the soil and lawn while preventing any lawn diseases.
Lawn Care Services
When you enlist the services of lawn care specialists, they’ll provide various services, such as:
- Lawn testing. When your lawn isn’t looking as beautiful as it should, a specialist tests the soil to check the pH levels. In most cases, your soil is out of balance and requires nutrients, like adding lawn lime, to return your lawn to optimal levels.
- Irrigation systems. More water doesn’t equal happier lawns. Installing and maintaining a proper irrigation system will contribute to a healthier lawn by preventing yard drainage problems.
- Pest control. If pesky little critters have made your lawn their home, then you will experience problems with your turf. Lawn care specialists will be able to determine the pests you’re dealing with and how to properly eliminate them.
- Fertilizer. Lawn care includes fertilizer application to ensure that your lawn has more than just food for your lawn. Fertilizer is a vital part of providing the essential nutrients and energy it needs to help ensure a healthy lawn life.
- Weed control. Various types of weeds can grow in your lawn. It’s essential to identify those common in your area and focus on preventing them.
Lawn care services will make your home look great with a healthy lawn!
What is Lawn Maintenance?
Lawn maintenance focuses more on the appearance of your lawn, so it’s heavily associated with landscaping. Regularly maintaining the shape of your lawn, the general care of your flower beds, and the overall appearance of your yard are all vital parts of lawn maintenance.
Lawn Maintenance Services
To maintain your yard correctly, your lawn maintenance experts will include services like:
- Mowing. Regular mowing of your lawn will contribute to a healthy lawn. Hiring professionals will prevent you from making common mistakes like mowing your lawn too often, too short, or in an incorrect pattern.
- Clean-up services. Clean-ups usually occur during the Spring and Fall seasons to remove the fallen leaves, accumulated debris, and other materials that can negatively affect your yard.
- Other services. Lawn maintenance services will also include tree and shrub pruning, edging, and weed control.
Lawn maintenance is tiring work but will make your property look impeccable!
Get the Best of Both Worlds With Moyer
So when it comes to lawn care vs. lawn maintenance, which is the best option for your yard? The best lawns receive both lawn care and lawn maintenance services. The Moyer Lawncare & Landscaping experts have all the necessary services to keep your lawn in tip-top shape.
Contact us today!